Saturday, May 1, 2010

5 Crysis Images


I designed the two labs for Hawking and Darwin, Darwin being a lover of nature and Hawking being physically handicapped.


The labs for both clients are open to nature to represent their passion and represent themselves. I think it's important for a person to be represented through their building, and where they discover and create their ideas.


The light, medium and dark textures I added to the model are all geometry based and square to suit the labs themselves. The dark texture I used for the meeting area represents the secretive room, contradicting the fact that it's open and has no closure.


The meeting point is simple and to the point. It is open to the environment due to both of their occupations as scientists and their relationship to nature.


The ramp I designed for the two labs are apart of the land form (as asked through the brief). I thought this would be a great reflection on Darwin's love for nature, and a great experience for Hawking to enter the lab through the grass ramp other then a concrete one.


Relation to my Electroliquid Aggregation

'One really appreciates a man's subsistence when reduced to zero, but one's expectation tends to increase at a greater rate than one's means.'

My model relates to the electroliquid quote in some way. It speaks of great expectations and subsistence, which I think people greatly rely on when it comes to scientists. Although my model isn't so complex or way out there, it's simple and straight forward and goes by the function of a lab (being surrounded by your passion, which in this case Darwin is surrounded by nature through his open labs). This also comments that one's expectation of a scientist is greater then what they are, and much greater on what they intend.

No comments:

Post a Comment